TestPros System Testing Services
Our experience with system testing services spans the past and current landscape of technology, systems, and processes from mainframe and embedded systems to current mobile platforms. Our services are applied in classic waterfall and modern iterative/agile development environments. We provide a broad range of independent technology assessment services that includes the following:
- Software Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Hardware Testing, and Product Testing
- Agile Testing, support to Continuous Integration (CI) and DevOps environments
- Cyber Security Assessment and Testing, Ongoing Monitoring, Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Software and Supply Chain Assurance (SSCA) (Software Assurance, independent software source code review)
- Implementing AGILE Testing Centers of Excellence (TCoE)
- FDA/Medical Device Testing
- Functional Testing, End-user Testing, Acceptance Testing
- Nonfunctional Testing (Load/Stress/Volume Testing, Usability Testing, Operations Testing, Documentation Testing, etc.)
- Compliance (IT Security, Privacy, Section 508 VPAT / W3C WCAG Accessibility, IEEE, Healthcare IT, FDA Software Validation, HIPAA, SOX, etc.)
- Test Automation, Test Automation Frameworks, Test Tool Administration
- Configuration Management, Continuous Integration
- Quality Assurance (QA) and Project Oversight
- Independent Verification & Validation (IV&V)
- Test Lab Design, Implementation & Operations Support
- Help Desk
- Related Process Improvement support (Testing Centers of Excellence)
TestPros Software Testing Services provide an objective assessment of software products and processes throughout the software life cycle in an environment organizationally free from the influence, guidance and control of the development effort. We provide independent verification of key components of software and systems to determine that requirements (functional and technical) have been satisfied, and that each system performs as intended.
The Benefits of our Software Testing services include:
- Early detection and correction of system/software anomalies
- Provide the ability to identify high-risk areas early, and enhanced management insight into process and product risk
- Life cycle process support – to ensure conformance to program performance, schedule, and budget
- Provide management with improved visibility into the progress and quality of the development effort – performance, quality and budget
- Early assessment of software and system performance
- Objective analysis of software and system conformance to enable support for a given formal certification process
- Improved software development and maintenance processes
- Process improvement
It is important to note that TestPros’ software testing and assessment activities are conducted independently, but also simultaneously with the project’s overall system integration software testing and user acceptance testing efforts. As a result, there is little impact to the overall project’s delivery schedule.
Our testing delivery approach is consistent with the latest systems engineering and process improvement models, and is based on constantly evolving industry and government standards augmented by specific customer guidance and lessons learned supporting similar efforts. The foundation of our software testing approach is the IEEE 1012-2012 Standard for System and Software Verification and Validation, incorporating other standards targeted at the review of specific project areas. Examples of other standards include: Customer-specific SDLC/SELC methodology, NIST 800-53 Rev4, Security and Privacy Controls for Federal Information Systems and Organizations; PMBOK Guide, Section 508 and W3C Accessibility Guidelines, ISO/IEC, CMMI, ITIL, and others.
Because we perform software testing in parallel with the system/software development efforts, each delivery effort is unique. We align our specific approach with client standards and practices to assure we work seamlessly within each client’s unique systems engineering life cycle, whether it be an Agile, waterfall or hybrid approach.
For Software Testing, we apply a variety of proprietary and open source tools. This includes the commercial product suites from Hewlett Packard (HP ALM, QC, Performance Center, UFT, LoadRunner, and more) and IBM (Rational TestManager, ClearCase, ClearQuest, and more), and open source tools such as Selenium and Grinder. We also work with emerging technologies such as Subject 7 that help generate great efficiencies to Selenium by adding real-time video recording of test executions and out-of-the-box Continuous Integration (CI) and Delivery (CD) support. While the commercial products are highly evolved and effective, the open source tools allow for customization to extend functionality and they also allow for security vetting of the tool source code. We use these and related tools to perform tests and associated functions that include:
- Requirements Traceability and Management
- Functional Testing
- Performance/Load Testing
- Compliance Testing (Section 508, WCAG, Security, Privacy, etc.)
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- System Acceptance Testing
- Configuration Management
- Unit Testing
- Integration, End-to-End Testing
- Structural Testing
- Root Cause Analyses
- Mobile, Platform Testing
- Application, Infrastructure Tuning
Testing Centers of Excellence (TCoE), Testing Frameworks
Tools alone do not generate the efficiency required to keep up with modern Agile and hybrid development environments. TestPros helps its client establish Testing Centers of Excellence (TCoE), combining best practices and current technologies to achieve maximum efficiency and test coverage. This includes the development and application of sophisticated Test Automation Frameworks. The frameworks provide the basis for accelerating test automation—if there is a change to any test case, the tester only needs to update the test case data, which is an English-language level of effort. Scripts that drive the testing process and startup scripts do not need to change. The result is reduced cycle time and lower costs. After a TestPros Test Automation SME develops the initial test scripts, junior testers or developers can normally update the test case files, minimizing the need for expensive Testing SMEs over the development lifecycle. TestPros brings the requisite knowledge of the current processes and tools used to support the maintenance of existing, and the development of new test automation frameworks.
TestPros has provided Software and System Testing support for hundreds of commercial products including support to both small businesses and large “household name” companies.